A delicious combination of Sweet & Savory with 3 Super Foods – Sweet Potato Avocado and Tomato Bites!
I love how pretty this appetizer looks – it’s because it is so colorful, and that’s one way to recognize a “Super Food” – lots of color. The more colorful fruits & vegetables have more nutrients – and more flavor!
Sweet potatoes are loaded with Vitamins A & C; avocados are my favorite healthy fat – and tomatoes also have Vitamins A & C.
If you can’t find radish sprouts any kind of sprout will do!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed and sliced into ¼-inch thick pieces
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- sea salt, to taste
- 1½ teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large avocado, pitted
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 5 cherry tomatoes, sliced into ⅛-inch thick pieces
- ½ cup radish sprouts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add the sliced sweet potatoes, cumin, paprika, olive oil, and sea salt to a bowl. Toss to coat.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the sweet potato slices out into a single layer. Bake for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Scoop the flesh of the avocado into a medium bowl. Add the lime juice and ½ teaspoon sea salt and mash together with the back of a fork.
- Spread the sweet potato slices out of a serving platter or tray. Top each slice with a dollop of smashed avocado, one tomato slice, and a sprinkling of radish sprouts.
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe and photo from Blissful Basil