Tasty Italian Style Skewers for your weekend party.
I love using skewers for appetizers for several reasons.
1. They are fun to prepare and if you have kids they will love to help you make them
2. Your guests can easily grab them and you don’t have to worry about whether or not they’re putting their fingers in everybody else’s food
3. They don’t require any silverware for your guests to eat them
4. They’re colorful and make an attractive display on your table
I have made these Italian Style Skewers very often and they’re always a hit. I usually will make half of them with the salami around the cheese and the other half without the salami.
I’ve list of the ingredients only seen you can make as many or as few as you need for your party. It’s better to make them in advance to develop more flavor from the dressing, plus it saves you time on the day of your event. I know you’ll love this Healthy Weekend Appetizer! #hwa
- 1 block part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Low fat salami slices
- Plain or marinated artichoke hearts, drained and halved
- Large pitted Spanish olives, drained
- Grape or Cherry tomatoes
- 4-6 inch wooden skewers
- Balsamic-basil vinaigrette
- Cut cheese evenly into cubes. Fold salami in half and wrap around cheese cube.
- Skewer ingredients in order listed. Place skewers in a large plastic container or baking dish.
- Pour dressing mixture over skewers; cover tightly, and chill 8 – 24 hours.
- Remove skewers from marinade, place on serving tray.
Recipe adapted from Southern Living. Photo by William Dickey