Enjoy a burst of fresh flavor with these easy to prepare Crab and Celery Root Lettuce Cups.
Celery root is not the same as celery – however you can substitute finely diced celery if you can’t find celery root! You can serve this already in the lettuce cups or a serve yourself with the crab mixture in a bowl and lettuce cups/leaves separately. It all turns into a great salad if you have leftovers.
- 2 cups shredded peeled celery root (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 8 ounces lump crabmeat, drained and shell pieces removed
- 24 baby Boston lettuce leaves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or low fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Combine celery root, onion and crab meat in a medium bowl.
2. Combine dressing ingredients (except oil) in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Gradually add oil, stirring well with a whisk. Drizzle dressing over crab mixture, tossing well to combine. Spoon about 1 1/2 tablespoons crab mixture in center of each lettuce leaf.
Recipe adaptation and photo from All Recipes.